Committees, Advisory Groups, & Task Forces
Legal Action Fund Task Force
Charge: (According to AAR Policies and Procedures Manual Section 4.4.4.B 1-5)
- To promote among the Member Boards of the State Association, in any appropriate fashion, an understanding of their rights and duties under state law;
- To support the adequate representation of Member Boards and Members threatened by litigation having statewide significance;
- To provide legal assistance or funding to initiate litigation at the members, the public, or others concerned with the protection of private property. Litigation shall not be initiated except in accordance with any and all relevant procedures and policies of the National Association of REALTORS® and the Alabama Association of REALTORS®;
- To defray all or a portion of the costs and legal feed incurred by the Alabama Association of REALTORS® or one or more Members or Memeber Boards in suits in which they may be named as defendants, and which are deemed to involve legal issues of significance;
- to defray the administrative costs and feed of the Alabama Association of REALTORS® involvedment and intervention in the Legal Action Program in pursuance of the above goals.
Composition: (According to AAR Policies and Procedures Manual Section 4.4.4 D)
- The Legal Action Fund shall be administered by the Legal Action Fund Administrators.
- Each year the body of Administrators shall select from their number a Chair and Vice Chair to serve for a term of one year.
- The Legal Action Fund Administrators shall adopt rules and regulations regarding the collection of money to operate the Legal Action Program in accordance with the methods of fund raising as directed by the Board of Directors, and to manage and administer the Legal Action Fund.
The Alabama Association of REALTORS® (AAR) is the largest statewide organization of real estate professionals comprised of over 16,000 members from 25 boards and 1,200 real estate companies. United by adherence to a Code of Ethics, our members work as real estate professionals in the sale, lease, appraisal, management and development of residential, commercial, rural and resort properties throughout Alabama.
Copyright © 2019 Alabama Association of REALTORS®
All rights reserved.
Get In Touch
522 Washington Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36104
Tel (334) 262-3808
Fax (334) 263-9650
Free | 1-800-446-3808