Becoming a REALTOR®
Your broker must join a local REALTOR® association within Alabama. With this membership, you are privileged to all the rights and benefits of the Alabama Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Regular Dues Amounts
- Designated REALTORS®: $170 per annum plus an amount equal to $170 for each non-member salesperson in office;
- REALTORS®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATES®: $170 per annum; and
- Affiliates: Each affiliate firm (at a primary mailing address) will pay State dues of $170 per annum and local dues annually through their primary Local Association. When joining additional Local Associations, the same firm shall pay Local Association dues only with the option of paying State dues and designating an additional contact and mailing address.
There is, for the membership years 2017-2021, a special assessment of $36 per year on all classes of members in addition to the regular dues amounts listed above.
Member Processing Fee
- There is levied on each new REALTOR®Member of the Association a Membership Processing Fee of $100.00.
- There shall be added to the total dues owed by the Member Boards/Associations or other Members a $100.00 processing fee where such delinquency extends beyond seventy-five (75) days of January 1.
- Each Member Board is expected to remit dues and new Member cards on a timely basis by transmitting a statement at least monthly showing what, if any, activity has occurred in the preceding period.
No Refund Policy
All dues paid are non-refundable.
Why You Should Join AAR
The Alabama Association of REALTORS® (AAR) is the largest statewide organization of real estate professionals comprised of over 16,000 members from 26 boards and 1,200 real estate companies. United by adherence to a Code of Ethics, our members work as real estate professionals in the sale, lease, appraisal, management and development of residential, commercial, rural and resort properties throughout Alabama.
Copyright © 2019 Alabama Association of REALTORS®
All rights reserved.
Get In Touch
522 Washington Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36104
Tel (334) 262-3808
Fax (334) 263-9650
Free | 1-800-446-3808