USER AGREEMENT FOR THE AAR LEGAL INFORMATION HELPDESK (“HELPDESK”)
The AAR Legal Information Helpdesk (“Helpdesk”) may only be used subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement.
- The questions asked on the Helpdesk and the answers given to those questions will not be kept confidential and may be posted on the AAR website that is available for viewing by all AAR members and potentially others. User agrees not to submit any confidential information to the Helpdesk in asking a question.
- In submitting a question, User agrees not to identify either the name of the User or the names of any parties, REALTORS®, real estate brokerage firms or others. AAR will attempt to redact all names submitted but will not be liable for the publication of non-redacted names submitted in conflict with this User Agreement.
- No attorney client relationship will at any time be established between the User and the Helpdesk, the AAR, any attorney answering questions on the Helpdesk or the law firm or firms which may employ such attorney or attorneys. The answers to questions asked are not intended as specific legal advice. The role of the Helpdesk is limited to answering general questions relating to real estate law and REALTOR® issues, the answers to which might be educational to REALTORS®. If the User has a substantive problem regarding a specific real estate transaction or if User is involved in threatened, pending or actual litigation, User should consult User’s attorney. For specific legal advice, User should consult with User’s attorney.
- User states that the question(s) presented relate to prospective action(s) and not past action(s), and that the background and/or question(s) are not at issue or potentially at issue in current or threatened litigation, or at issue or potentially at issue in a filed or threatened ethics or license complaint, whether the User is a party or not. The Helpdesk is intended to assist REALTORS® with questions of a prospective nature only
- The answers to all questions of a legal nature are always fact specific and can vary dramatically depending on the specific question asked and the facts provided to the Helpdesk. If User presents incomplete or inaccurate information to the Helpdesk, User may not necessarily obtain the answer to User’s issue. If User has a question with slightly different facts than a question which has already been answered on the Helpdesk, User should not assume that the answer to User’s question will be the same as the answer already posted on the Helpdesk. Small changes in facts can change the answer to a question.
- The purpose of the Helpdesk is not to represent User or provide legal services to User in any way. Negotiations with other parties, drafting of legal documents or special stipulations, handling of disputes with other parties, etc. should be requested of User’s attorney.
- User understands and agrees that User may not convey to other people any information discussed through this service in a way that implies you are passing along legal advice. Your buyers, sellers, landlords, and/or tenants must conduct their own legal research or consult their own lawyer if they need representation or a legal opinion.
- The Helpdesk seeks to provide accurate answers to submitted questions. No assurances are given that answers to questions that were correct at the time the answers were posted on the Helpdesk website will remain accurate and correct since statutes and case law change over time. AAR will attempt to update all answers on a timely bases. However, any incorrect answers should be brought to the attention of AAR, and AAR will promptly update.
- Mistakes may occasionally be made in answering questions. When such mistakes are brought to the Helpdesk’s attention, or are otherwise discovered, the Helpdesk will promptly correct the information. The Alabama Association of REALTORS®, Inc., the Helpdesk, the attorney(s) answering questions for the Helpdesk and any law firm(s) for which such attorney(s) work (hereinafter collectively “Helpdesk Workers”) shall have no liability for any mistakes or inaccurate information contained in any answer to a question asked over the Helpdesk or posted on the AAR website. User covenants not to sue the Helpdesk Workers, either individually or collectively, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Helpdesk Workers and each of them from and against any and all lawsuits, claims, damages and causes of action which User may have arising out of or relating to inaccurate or incomplete information being given to a question asked through the Helpdesk or posted on the AAR website.
- Answering a question through the Helpdesk or posting an answer on the AAR website shall not be a basis to disqualify any attorney involved in answering such question or questions or the law firm for whom such attorney may work from any litigation, arbitration or dispute (hereinafter collectively “Dispute”) involving the identical or similar question or questions. Every person and company asking a question on the Helpdesk or reviewing an answer to a question on the Helpdesk website acknowledges that no confidential information was provided to any Helpdesk Worker that would create a conflict of interest in any Dispute involving the same or a similar question.
- In regards to questions pertaining to contract forms, the Helpdesk will only assist with questions regarding AAR's contract forms package. Our attorney is not familiar with non-AAR forms and the research into such forms requires too great of a time commitment, which is prohibited in the basic tenants of the Helpdesk's policies.
By clicking the button below you agree to the User Agreement above, and understand a copy of this will be sent to your Broker on record.