Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa Named One of USA Today's Top 5 Historic Hotels
August 13, 2019
In today's travel landscape dotted with sparkling new resorts and ultra-modern skyscraper hotels, a bit of history is often welcome. A national panel of hotel experts reviewed industry awards and guests reviews to nominate 20 historic hotels. The public voted online for nearly a month to select the Top 10 historic hotels and the poll closed on July 29. The results were announced today at 11 a.m. and The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa made the top 10 list, placed number four.
Here is a link to the Top 10 Historic Hotels:
- The Peabody Memphis - Memphis
- Mission Inn Hotel & Spa - Riverside Calif.
- Historic Hotel Bethlehem - Bethlehem, Penn.
- Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa - Point Clear, Ala.
- The Hermitage Hotel - Nashville
- Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island, Mich.
- French Lick Resort - French Lick, Ind.
- The Jefferson Hotel - Richmond, Va.
- The Francis House - Calistoga, Calif.
- Wentworth Mansion - Charleston
"This prestigious honor is a true testament to the quality of our associates and the exceptional service they provide every day," said Scott Tripoli, General Manager of the Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa. "With the support of the Retirement Systems of Alabama, we were able to undergo a massive transformation and raise the quality of our resort experiences. We would like to thank all of our past guests and everyone who voted for us in the poll," said Tripoli. "It is great to bring such prestige to the shores of Mobile Bay and the entire state of Alabama. The Queen of Southern resorts reigns again. "
Article Source: "Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa Named One of USA Today's Top 5 Historic Hotels" RTJ & Resort Collection (August 13, 2019) Bill Lang
Photo Source: Marriott